Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I found a black powder in my house. What could it be?

I found a little jar of black powder in my house. It was very fine and the bottle had turned yellow.


I washed it down the sink, but then it turned bright magenta once it had contact with water. there was a LOT of pink, and it was EVERYWHERE.


What could it be? Any ideas?I found a black powder in my house. What could it be?
Lancenigo di Villorba (TV), Italy





You asked :';I found a little jar of black powder in my house. It was very fine and the bottle had turned yellow.


I washed it down the sink, but then it turned bright magenta once it had contact with water. there was a LOT of pink, and it was EVERYWHERE.';








I think to ';CRYSTAL VIOLET';, AN OLD COLORANT BELONGING TO TRIPHENYLMETHYLIC DYE-STUFFs.


In effects, ITS HIGH GRADE HOUSE-HOLD STUFFS HAS TO APPEAR A DARK GRANULATEs.


On the other hand, SINCE IT SHOULD TO BE HYDROCHLORIC SALT IT SHOULD DISSOLVE EASILY IN WATERY MEDIA : IT SPREAD AN INTENSE PINK COLOURATION.





I hope this helps you.I found a black powder in my house. What could it be?
Sounds like potassium permanganate.





Putting it down the sink wasn't the best thing you've ever done. Keep rinsing the sink (15-20 minutes), you want to flush everything out into the main sewer line.

No comments:

Post a Comment