Monday, July 26, 2010

I have an old black powder that has the words juncker a grumback etched on the side.sides are pure silver?

the sides and butt plate are pure silver and the ram rod looks to have ivory on the end (large caliber)I have an old black powder that has the words juncker a grumback etched on the side.sides are pure silver?
You don't actually have a question here.





The sides will not be pure silver as a silver gun would not be suitable for use. It might well be silver plated or have silver trim plates.I have an old black powder that has the words juncker a grumback etched on the side.sides are pure silver?
Ummmm, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was simply stating that there was no real question. I suspect that the second word is Grumbach but I have no proof of that (it's a more likely German combination). I can find no information about Juncker a Grumbach myself, but I suspect it's old. Report Abuse

Given more information it might be possible to put an approximate age to it, I would suggest finding an antique firearms expert. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment