Friday, July 30, 2010

Black Powder age restriction?

I am currently a resident of Pennsylvania, and I am seventeen years old. Am I allowed to purchase black powder without an adult, or do I have to be eighteen?Black Powder age restriction?
Since you have to be 18 to buy ammo in Pa. I would speculate that buying black powder, or smokeless powder is probably age restricted to 18 as well.Black Powder age restriction?
You have to be 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun and 21 for a handgun.
Black Powder shouldn't be used for anything than its intended use, due to its dangerous consisteny!!! So if you're not buying it for a gun, or you're trying to make something home'made, then you shouldn't bother...
I'm not sure if there is a law so to speak, but most sellers require the buyer to be 18. However, I know of a couple gun shops that will only ask for ID when buying a gun.


I was able to buy powder and ammo all the time when I was as young as 16. It really depends upon how well you know what you are buying and how well you know the seller.





I have only been carded once at one of my favorite gunshops when buying ammo and powder, although that was because there were like 3 police officers in the place when I checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment