Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hi everyone!! I am interested in getting into black powder shooting & I need help?

Where can I get info on how to get started? What is the safest way to load, shoot, %26amp; clean a black powder pistol? Thanks in advance for any %26amp; all the help.Hi everyone!! I am interested in getting into black powder shooting %26amp; I need help?
Find a local club and local shop that carries black powder guns and supplies.





The little extra you spend at a local shop will be rewarded with advice, counseling, guidance and friendship.Hi everyone!! I am interested in getting into black powder shooting %26amp; I need help?
I would search your local area for black powder shooting clubs.


Ask the local gun shops if any are available in your area, also do a web search for your area.


They are every where and those boys love to teach new shooters the sport.


But I must give you a fair warning, you get started you may not ever stop.


Black powder is a blast, I been at it for just under 30 years and have 3 rifles and am looking at a custom flintlock.





That is the best way to learn, with some one experienced.





D58








Hunting with Rifle, Pistol, Muzzle loader and Bow for over 3 decades.


Reloading Rifle, Pistol and shotgun for over 3 decades.
Get involved with the National Muzzleloader Rifle Association. They have great info and lots of folks that will be willing to show you the ropes.





http://www.nmlra.org/
LOTS of places to look:


http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?鈥?/a>


is one...


there are bunches of youtube videos on black powder shooting. like this one:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOo-zY0_鈥?/a>





Have [safe] fun.
What kind? Single shot or revolver? Go to this link, and note the video links just below the pic. They're pretty short as aell as informative!


http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa鈥?/a>


If you wanna give me more specefics then email me, and I can help you out! I would here, but that's a bpretty broad topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment