Saturday, August 21, 2010

Black powder rifle CVA or Traditions ?

I was looking at an entry level black powder rifle for deer hunting.


It seems CVA and Traditions make a few models for about $200.


Does anyone know which CVA or Traditions models are a good start for about $200 or less ? Thanks Black powder rifle CVA or Traditions ?
Of the two, I've heard more good things about CVA rifles than I have Traditions rifles. And I've heard more complaints about Traditions Rifles than I have CVA Rifles (and CVA has been around much longer).





I'd suggest you go with the CVA. Get a .54 caliber if you can. The .54 caliber is a great compromise between the velocity of the .56's and smaller and the heavier bullets of the .58 caliber and larger. If you can't get a .54, get a .50 Caliber.





DocBlack powder rifle CVA or Traditions ?
well I have a CVA .50 cal its just a traditional black powder rifle, I dont really know the model # but I got in a kit, and put it together myself, the kit was about $198.00 but that was about 5 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment