Monday, August 23, 2010

Do dick's sporting goods sell black powder?

No they sell a black powder substiute. It's called pyrodex. It's made by Hodgon and comes in either granular or pellet form. Hodgon also make Triple 7 an improved form of pyrodex. It too is avalable in Granular and pellet. Triple 7 is said to be easier to clean up than Blackpowder or pyrodex. Do dick's sporting goods sell black powder?
Very few places carry real black powder nowadays. Mostly because of the laws regarding storage and insurance costs for having it at a business.





The last time I bought black powder from an actual store was at Dixie Gun Works when I was in Union City Tennessee. I usually order mine from powderinc.com. It is pretty reasonable and they have a wide variety. You will have to order 5 pounds but can mix the granulation's if you want. I bought some this year and the cost delivered was about $20.00 per pound. I have also bought modern smokeless powder from stores that cost almost as much.





I prefer the real deal but unless you live near a store that specializes in it, you will likely have to order on line or by mail. They will require an adult signature on delivery so someone will have to be there to accept the order.Do dick's sporting goods sell black powder?
Yes. The last time I was there (last year) my local store had Thompson Center, Knight and CVA muzzle loaders as well as powder. For powders they had Triple Seven (kinda black powder like) and pyrodex (black powder substitute).
Dick's around Ill, and Iowa all carry Blcak Powder rifles and accessories.


I would look online also, last time I was there, they were priced very high on most


~JRB

No comments:

Post a Comment